ISO 9001 is the only standard in the ISO 9000 series to which organizations can certify. Achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification means that an organization has demonstrated the following:
- Follows the guidelines of the ISO 9001 standard
- Fulfills its own requirements
- Meets customer requirements and statutory and regulatory requirements
- Maintains documentation
Certification to the ISO 9001 standard can enhance an organization’s credibility by showing customers that its products and services meet expectations. In some instances or in some industries, certification is required or legally mandated. The certification process includes implementing the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and then completing a successful registrar’s audit confirming the organization meets those requirements.
Organizations should consider the following as they begin preparing for an ISO 9001 quality management system certification:
- Registrar’s costs for ISO 9001 registration, surveillance, and recertification audits
- Current level of conformance with ISO 9001 requirements
- Amount of resources that the company will dedicate to this project for development and implementation
- Amount of support that will be required from a consultant and the associated costs.
ISO 9001:2015 is the world’s most recognized quality management standard used by millions of organizations all over the world to continuously improves performance. By becoming certified your organization by ACM under UKAS Accreditation is making a statement about your commitment to continually and consistently meet the expectations of your customers through the improved efficiency and effectiveness of your business processes.
Previous versions of ISO 9001
Originally published in 1987, ISO 9001 underwent revisions in 1994, 2000, and again in 2008. The latest revision was published in September 2015.
- ISO 9001:1994 included changes to improve the control of design and development clause, as well as provide other clarifications. The 1994 series also slightly modified the role of ISO 9002 and 9003.
- The ISO 9001:2008 revision sought to clarify issues raised during the application of ISO 9001:2000.
GENERAL GUIDELINES / STEPS OF ISO 9001:2015 CERTIFICATION PROCESS
- Purchase of ISO 9001:2015 standard- This standard can be purchased through some below modes:
- Self review of requirements of Standards: Once purchased, organization must review the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 standard through in-depth review of standards. Clients may get help of ACM freely available online tools for understanding the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 standard & may implement it within their organization
- Get Training of ISO 9001:2015 Standard
ACM provides a wide range of IRCA accredited open training programs at different location on monthly basis. If required, ACM can provide training to suit your needs and budget. Through these programs, you can gain the skills to implement, Internal audit and manage an effective quality management system <ACM never provides any consultancy services specific to need & requirements of any organization>.
- Gap Analysis – You can perform a self gap analysis audit based on ACM Tool “ISO 9001:2015 Gap Analysis” & can identify the gaps between the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 standard & your exist system & thus can determine the likely workload and timescale for implementing a quality management system that will help you to achieve ISO 9001:2015 certification. You can use this to plan implementation or brief to your consultant
- Application to ACM- Application for registration is made by completely updating ACM Application Form & submitting to ACM office. This provides information about your organization to ACM & so ACM can accurately define the scope of assessment.
- Get a Quote – We’ll give you a clear indication of the costs of gaining and maintaining certification.
- Assessment to ISO 9001 is undertaken by ACM – this consists of two mandatory visits that form the Initial Certification Audit (Stage 1 Audit + Stage 2 Audit). Please note that you must be able to demonstrate that your management system has been fully operational for a minimum of three months and has been subject to a management review and full cycle of internal audits.
- Certification to ISO 9001 is issued by ACM and maintained through a program of annual surveillance audits and a three yearly recertification audit.
Benefits of Implementing ISO 9001:2015 in your business?
- Assess the overall context of your organization to define who is affected by your work and what they expect from you. This will enable you to clearly state your objectives and identify new business opportunities.
- Put your customers first, making sure you consistently meet their needs and exceed their expectations. This can lead to repeat custom, new clients and increased business for your organization.
- Work in a more efficient way as all your processes will be aligned and understood by everyone in the business or organization. This increases productivity and efficiency, bringing internal costs down. This is done through eliminating the waste that can occur when processes are maintained without a view of the inefficiencies that can arise during process handoff. The better process flow can also be used to drive efficiencies towards fewer errors and resulting reworks, which can improve cost savings.
- Meet the necessary statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Expand into new markets, as some sectors and clients require ISO 9001 before doing business.
- Identify and address the risks associated with your organization.
Checklist for ISO 9001:2015 Certification
ISO 9001 certification is an internationally accredited standard for Quality Management System. It requires an organization to establish effective quality management, and here is a checklist of 12 key steps that will guide you to achieve ISO 9001:
Step: 1- Leadership
Step: 2- Perform a Gap Analysis
Step: 3- Defining the scope
Step: 4- Implementation of Quality Management and Creating Quality Management System Manual
Step: 5- Establishing effective communication within the organization
Step: 6- Creation of an audit plan
Step: 7- Determining and assigning roles and responsibilities
Step: 8- Evaluating the Quality Management System and taking the corrective-actions
Step: 9- Conduction of an internal audit
Step: 10- Apply for stage-I audit
Step: 11- External audit
Step: 12- Successfully completing the Certification process
Cost of ISO 9001 Certification
The cost of ISO 9001 Certification varies from one organization to another. ISO 9001 standards apply to any industry, large and small, irrespective of nature and location. The cost of ISO 9001 certification depends on the certification body you choose. It also depends on many factors, such as:
- Size of your organization
- Number of employees in the organization
- The number of branches your organization has and many more.
- Plan – to think that what do we need to achieve in our organization
- Do – to execute a planned action which will help us achieve the required objective
- Check – monitor against the standards) (policies, objectives, requirements)
- Action – finally implementing what has been rechecked.